Carla Bley — aka Lovella May Borg (born May 11, 1936) — is an American jazz pianist and composer from Oakland, Calif., who appeared on albums by Charlie Haden, Don Cherry, Gary Burton, and husband Michael Mantler during the 1970s. As a bandleader, she released eight studio albums on WATT Works between 1974 and 1989.
- Jazz Realities (1966)
- Escalator Over the Hill (1971 • Carla Bley & Paul Haines)
- Tropic Appetites (1974)
- 13 & 3/4 (1975 • Michael Mantler & Carla Bley)
- Dinner Music (1977)
- European Tour 1977 (1978)
- Musique mécanique (1979 • The Carla Bley Band)
- Social Studies (1981)
- Live! (1981)
- Mortelle randonnée (OST, 1983)
- Heavy Heart (1984)
- I Hate to Sing (1984 • The Carla Bley Band)
- Night-Glo (1985)
- Sextet (1987)
- Duets (1988 • Carla Bley & Steve Swallow)
- Fleur Carnivore (1989)
- The Very Big Carla Bley Band (1991)
- Big Band Theory (1993)
- Go Together (1993 • Carla Bley & Steve Swallow)
- Fancy Chamber Music (1998)
- 4×4 (2000)
- Looking for America (2003)
- The Lost Chords Find Paolo Fresu (2007)
- Carla’s Christmas Carols (2009 • Carla Bley, Steve Swallow & The Partyka Brass Quintet)
- Trios (2013 • Carla Bley, Andy Sheppard & Steve Swallow)
- Andando el tiempo (2016 • Carla Bley / Andy Sheppard / Steve Swallow)
ABC are an English new wave/soul-pop band that burst onto the scene with the 1982 Mercury album The ...
The Vibrations were an American soul group from Los Angeles. Members: James Johnson (first tenor...
The Third Avenue Blues Band (spelled numerically after their first single) was an American brass-...
Dexys Midnight Runners were an English new wave band that emerged from the Birmingham R&B–ska sc...
Artport were an American jazz-rock band from Champlin, Minn., that released an eponymous album in ...
Heads Hands & Feet were an English rustic-rock band that released three albums between 1971 an...
Skafish were an American New Wave/art-rock band from Chicago. Members: Jim Skafish (vocals), Law...
Cuban Heels were a Scottish New Wave/rock band from Glasgow that debuted with a standalone single ...
The Pharaohs were an American jazz-funk band from Chicago that released the album Awakening on sel...
Graffiti was an American psychedelic rock band that released a 1968 self-titled album and the standa...
New Order were an English electro/art-pop band from Manchester that released five albums and a com...
Linn County was an American psych-rock band that released the 1968/69 Mercury albums Proud Flesh Soo...