Mike Batt (Feb. 6, 1949) is an English composer and arranger from Southampton who conducted a string of instrumental/interpretive recordings with his namesake orchestra for DJM Silverline between 1970 and 1972. In 1973, he masterminded the first of six releases by the costumed studio act The Wombles, a musical vehicle for the namesake children’s television series.
In 1977, Batt conducted the all-star symphonic-rock recording Schizophonia, featuring the London Symphony Orchestra and released on Epic. The subsequent Tarot Suite, credited to Mike Batt and Friends, features appearances by Rory Gallagher, Roger Chapman, and Colin Blunstone. Three further orchestrated works appeared on Epic between 1980 and 1982, including the popular 1981 release Six Days in Berlin, featuring guitarists B.J. Cole and Ray Russell. Batt’s 1986 Adventure Records release The Hunting of the Snark features vocal performances by Art Garfunkel, Cliff Richard, Captain Sensible, Deniece Williams, Julian Lennon, and Roger Daltery.
- Batt Tracks (1970 • The Mike Batt Orchestra)
- Portrait of Bob Dylan (1971 • The Mike Batt Orchestra)
- Portrait of Elton John (1971 • The Mike Batt Orchestra)
- Portrait of The Rolling Stones (1971 • The Mike Batt Orchestra)
- Portrait of George Harrison (1971 • The Mike Batt Orchestra)
- Portrait of Cat Stevens (1971 • The Mike Batt Orchestra)
- Portrait of Simon and Garfunkel (1971 • The Mike Batt Orchestra)
- Schizophonia (1977)
- Caravans (OST, 1979)
- Tarot Suite (1979)
- Waves (1980)
- Six Days in Berlin (1981)
- Zero Zero (1982)
- The Hunting of the Snark (1986)
- Songs of Love and War (1988)
- Classic Blue (1989 • Justin Hayward With Mike Batt & The London Philharmonic Orchestra)
- The Dreamstone – Music and Songs from (1990)
- Arabesque (1995)
- Keep the Aspidistra Flying (OST, 1998)
- Philharmania (1998)
- Watership Down (OST, 2000)
- Bright Eyes at the Railway Hotel (2004)
- A Songwriter’s Tale (2008)
- A Classical Tale (2015)
The V.S.O.P. Quintet were an American post-pop/jazz supergroup featuring the seasoned talents of ...
Led Zeppelin was an English rock band, formed in 1968 and active till 1980. Guitarist Jimmy Page for...
Kahondo Style were a London-based, multinational chamber-jazz/rock ensemble that released two albu...
Washington Jamb Band were an American soul-funk band that issued two 1976 singles and the 1977 alb...
Jon Anderson (born Oct. 25, 1944) is an English singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist from...
The Four Seasons are an American pop-rock band that first rose to fame in the early 1960s with a s...
Aquarian Dream were an American soul-funk project assembled by producer/musician Norman Connors f...
Bobby Womack (March 4, 1944 — June 27, 2014) was an American soul singer from Cleveland who releas...
Dr. Z was an English post-psych organ trio that released a standalone single on Fontana in 1970, f...
Elton John (born March 25, 1947) is an English vocalist, pianist, songwriter, and philanthropist wit...
Houston Person (born Nov. 10, 1934) is an American post-bop/jazz-funk tenor saxophonist and recor...
Dionne Warwick (born Dec. 12, 1940) is an American soul-pop singer from East Orange, N.J., who ros...