Glenn Hughes is an English bassist and singer who fronted hard-rockers Trapeze on their first three albums: Trapeze, Medusa (both 1970), and You Are the Music…We’re Just the Band (1972). He then replaced Roger Glover in Deep Purple for the 1974/75 albums Burn, Stormbringer, and Come Taste the Band. In 1977, he released the solo album Play Me Out on Safari Records.
Hughes’ partnership with American guitarist Pat Thrall (Automatic Man, Pat Travers Band) spawned the popular 1982 Epic release Hughes / Thrall. In 1985, he played on Gary Moore‘s Run for Cover and partook in the symphonic hard-rock super-project Phenomena with Peter Green and drummer Cozy Powell.
Hughes was born on August 21, 1951, in Cannock, Staffordshire, in the West Midlands of England.
- Play Me Out (1977)
- Hughes / Thrall (1982 • Hughes / Thrall)
- Blues [L.A. Blues Authority Volume II] (1992)
- From Now On… (1994)
- Feel (1995)
- Addiction (1996)
- The Work Tapes (1998 • Glenn Hughes / Geoff Downes)
- The Way It Is (1999)
- A Soulful Christmas (2000)
- From the Archives Volume I: Incense & Peaches (2000)
- Return of Crystal Karma (2000)
- Building the Machine (2001)
- Songs in the Key of Rock (2003)
- The 1996 DEP Sessions (2004 • Iommi with Glenn Hughes)
- Made in Moscow (2005 • Glenn Hughes and Joe Lynn Turner in Michael Men Project)
- Soul Mover (2005)
- Fused (2005 • Tony Iommi & Glenn Hughes)
- Music for the Divine (2006)
- Sweet Revenge (archival, 2008 • Robin George / Glenn Hughes)
- First Underground Nuclear Kitchen (2008)
- Resonate (2016)
Wavemaker were an English electronic duo active during the mid-to-late 1970s. Members: Brian Hodgs...
Steve Hillage (born Aug. 2, 1951) is an English guitarist, composer, and producer from London who ...
Storyteller were an English folk-rock band that released two albums on Transatlantic between 1970 ...
The Dave Clark Five were an English beat group from Tottenham, named after drummer/businessman Dave...
The Box were an English art-punk/funk band from Sheffield that released a self-titled EP and the a...