Barış Manço (Jan. 2, 1943 — Feb. 1, 1999) was a Turkish Anatolian rock vocalist, guitarist, keyboardist, composer, and television personality with a career in entertainment that spanned nearly 30 years. He first shot to local fame during the early 1960s with a sting of singles in the rock ‘n’ roll vein. In 1966, he teamed with Belgian beat combo Les Mistigris on a pair of singles. During the late ’60s, he fronted psych-rock foursome Kaygısızlar on a string of shortplayers on Sayan Plak.
In 1970, Manço released back-to-back Sayan solo singles. After a pair of 1971 singles with folk/psych combo Moğollar, he spent the bulk of the decade as a solo artist. He issued a string of singles on Yavuz Plâk between 1972 and 1974, culminating with the popular 2023 album in 1975. Three singles and two further albums rounded out the decade. His 1979 album Yeni Bir Gün was co-credited to his band Kurtalan Ekspres, which backed him on subsequent releases during the 1980s.
- 2023 (1975)
- Nick the Chopper (1976)
- Yeni Bir Gün (1979 • Barış Manço & Kurtalan Ekspres)
- 20. San’at Yılı Disco Manço (1980)
- Sözüm Meclisten Dışarı (1981 • Barış Manço & Kurtalan Ekspres)
- Estağfurullah… Ne Haddimize! (1983 • Barış Manço & Kurtalan Ekspres)
- 24 Ayar Manço (1985)
- Değmesin Yağlı Boya (1986)
- Sahibinden İhtiyaçtan (1988)
- Darısı Başınıza (1990